Lake Effect Digital – Graphic designer
At 9 & 10 News of Northern Michigan you’ll find a thriving, robust, and exciting business with a world-class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer a competitive salary, first-class benefits, and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished industry leaders.
The company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on the airwaves in 1954 and we’ve grown and evolved ever since! We are proud to be the information leader in Northern Michigan! Today we host news, weather and entertainment content, 9 & 10 News, Local 32 and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Northern Michigan Digital, ION and Mane Content.
Digital lake effect is an undeniable force of creative thinkers, content creators, web developers, project managers, and just plain good people. We are looking to add a passionate and driven designer to our growing team. If you have a strong sense of design, 2-5 years of design/agency/studio experience and a hunger to work on all aspects of a brand, from logo design and ad creation to layout and web design, we want to get in touch with you. .
- 401K with a corporate match
- 17 days of PTO
- Flexible remote/desktop environment
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. New ideas are welcome and encouraged!
- Motivating and Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you’ll find that our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team achievements, and love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department can do everything. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement each other to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know that to have all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Execute internal and external projects in a team environment
- Work directly with the Creative Director to execute projects
- Collaborate with the team on promotions and campaigns
- Execute different projects such as logo/branding, printed materials, digital media such as social media and web, etc.
- Work quickly and efficiently on multiple design projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Take direction and constructive feedback on concepts and implement those designs through to completion
- Diploma in graphic design and minimum of 2 years of experience
- Proven design skills in multiple mediums (digital, print, web)
- Mastery of Creative Suite / InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to “get the job done”
- Manage a workload of multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Ability to work to fast deadlines
- Intrinsically motivated to work independently while remaining a team player
- Comfortable following instructions and receiving constructive feedback
- Previous experience in a customer service role
The location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful northern Michigan. The position will be located in Traverse City, Michigan. It’s a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and the opportunity for year-round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited? Let’s talk!
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO employer.