Web Development Role Work with UNIVERSITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM
Salary: Salary according to skill/experience
Type of Contract : Permanent, Full time / Part time
Closing Date: 31-03-2022 00 Midnight
UCB is looking to build an innovative and exciting web development team to provide our students and staff with high quality and reliable online systems.
To do this, we are investing in a number of new roles to develop a more flexible offering for the future and to improve the range of systems we offer.
We offer exciting opportunities for skilled, creative and enthusiastic developers to be part of our vision at UCB, working under the direction of the Head of Development to be an integral part of the future evolution of the team.
Offering a range of salaries to match skills and experience, we are looking for expertise in any of the areas listed below. We will also support you with training and allow you to expand your knowledge with career progression opportunities with good benefits.
Skills and experience
- Front-end website
- Responsive website
- UI frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Client-side frameworks such as Knockout JS
- Single Web Page Application Architecture
- ASP.NET MVC
- ORM (object-relational mapping) frameworks such as NHibernate or Entity Framework
- sql server
- Writing and optimizing database queries
- Robust database design
- Awareness of security issues in web and back-end systems
- Knowledge of techniques to protect against security issues
- The integration
- Data integration between systems
- Great attention to detail
- Committed to writing readable and maintainable code through neat and consistent layout and code comments
- Creative and motivated to find the best solution
- Effectively communicates concepts, problems and solutions
- Anxious to deepen his technical knowledge
- 38 days of paid leave per year (26 days of annual leave plus 12 public holidays and bank holidays)
- Local authority pension scheme
- Private medical care
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Salary sacrificing car leasing, technology and cycle programs
How to register:
If you have expertise in any of the areas listed above, please register your interest and provide a copy of your CV to [email protected]
UCB is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants for employment with the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of higher and higher education.
UCB reserves the right to remove this advertisement and terminate the recruitment campaign if necessary.